MEDIA MANAGEMENT SEMINAR 2019
Media Management Seminar 2019 on May 23th & 24th Stockholm, Sweden.
The National Library of Sweden (Kungliga Biblioteket) and SVT (Sveriges Television), together with the FIAT/IFTA Media Management Commission, invite you to the 9th edition of FIAT/IFTA’s “Changing Sceneries, Changing Roles” Seminars, focusing on media management, metadata, rights, new emerging technologies and changing skillsets.
Key topics of this edition:
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and their potential for automated annotation are considered future fundamental game changers for multimedia archiving and documentation. In this session, relevant archives and industry representatives are invited to share and discuss their experiences, insights, expectations and strategic plans for this new development. Are the technologies already mature enough to fulfil their potential, and how can we be best prepared? How do archives compare, assess and apply related products? Which applications have proven successful or not? Is early adoption good, or is it more beneficial to wait?
- Data Management, Data Mining and Data Analytics of vast amounts of automatically generated data in multi-media archives will require new technologies and skillsets. What current reporting solutions for presentation/visualization and business intelligence analytics?
- Misinformation and disinformation are high on the news agenda. How do news and production archives cope with content authentication and verification in the current climate of social media and user-generated content?
- The challenge of content-security and rights management is one of the critical factors that influence the opening of archives to more and new applications of archive content for end users. In this session, we will investigate some crucial building-blocks of an extensive archive security architecture covering content security to rights clearance and licensing management. What are the media management strategies to efficiently gather IPR metadata? What are the copyright metadata standards and workflows in MAM systems? What are the new workflows to open up the archives to audiences? Finally, how do we valorize our published content?
- Megatrends and Change Management in Broadcast Archives As AI and the Cloud become integral parts of the Television Archives workflow, we will explore the challenges and solutions- taking a deep-dive into how to handle the burgeoning mix of cloud-based, disc, and tape storage – as well as the discoverability of non-curated content and its implications for the future.