October 17th – 20th
Join us in Locarno, Switzerland, for the 47th edition of the FIAT/IFTA World Conference.
This year’s theme is Blame it on the algorithm! We will follow up closer than ever on what’s happening at the crossroads of media, technology and content.
Media managers, archivists, researchers, developers, strategists, and service and goods providers will confront their well-informed opinions in presentations, keynotes, workshops and discussion sessions. Our forum will be Locarno, a vibrant city with an impressive track record in the history of audiovisual media, charmingly draped on the Lago Maggiore, with some stunning Alpine peaks acting as its magnificent backdrop.
Access the FIAT/IFTA World Conference programme here.
Ticket types and prices are as follows:
- FIAT/IFTA Member / Speaker (Early Bird) – €380
- FIAT/IFTA Non-Member (Early Bird) – €425
- FIAT/IFTA Member / Speaker – €425
- FIAT/IFTA Non-Member – €475
- Student (1-Day) – €35
- This ticket doesn’t include access to the FIAT/IFTA Social Events.
- Students wishing to attend multiple days need to purchase one ticket per day.
- Students will be required to submit valid proof of registration at a university for the 2023-2024 academic year.
For more information, please visit the World Conference page.
Terms & Conditions
- Participants who cancel before 30th September 2023 will be entitled to a 50% refund of their registration fee. No refunds are possible for cancellations received after 30th September 2023.
- A participant who cancels may ask the FIAT/IFTA Office to transfer the registration to a colleague. A fee of 10% of the registration fee is charged for the replacements/transfers.
- Cancellations must be submitted in writing to FIAT/IFTA Office in order to receive any possible reimbursement.
- The participants shall bear any bank charges for international transfers.
- Refunds for no-shows are not possible.
- Until payment has been received, registration for the World Conference and any of its associated events will not be valid. Without a valid registration, participants will not be listed in the programme or in the list of participants.
- The FIAT/IFTA reserves the right to update individual registrations and invoices to reflect the registrant’s FIAT/IFTA membership status.
- The data submitted during registration will be used in the framework of the membership of the organisation mentioned above to FIAT/IFTA. This data will be treated according to FIAT/IFTA’s Privacy and Data Processing Statement.
The programme is correct at the time of publishing. Still, organisers reserve the right to alter it if and when deemed necessary, and the FIAT/IFTA Office reserves the right to make changes without prior notice to the parties concerned.
All World Conference and other arrangements are subject to alteration and cancellation at any time without prior notice due to factors that are outside of the organisers’ reasonable control. This will be at the sole and absolute discretion of the organisers. Should such events, such as Force Majeure, render the organisers unable to deliver such service, the organisers shall not be held responsible. The organisers cannot be held responsible for any damages and/or costs arising from any such alteration or cancellation.
Day 1: October 17, 2023
Day 2: October 18, 2023
Day 3: October 19, 2023
Day 4: October 20, 2023
Venue: PalaCinema Locarno
Directions: Piazza Remo Rossi, 1. 6600, Locarno. Switzerland