Announcing the General Assembly 2020
Part of the 2020 IASA – FIAT/IFTA joint online conference scheduled on 26 – 29 October will be the FIAT/IFTA General Assembly, taking place on 27 October 2020. The General Assembly is the highest governing body in the Federation. It is composed of Full, Associate, Supporting and Honorary members. All members (Full, Associate, Supporting and Honorary) are invited to join this meeting although only Full Members can vote, with one vote per Full Member. A link to the online platform and the exact time will be provided in due course.
The Agenda of the General Assembly will include at least:
- the approval of the minutes of the previous session,
- a report by the Executive Council on the activities of the Association since the last session and its approval,
- an examination and approval of the accounts for the past financial year,
- a draft of the program of activities and budget for the following financial year,
- a fixing of subscription dues,
- fixing the date and place of the next ordinary session of the General Assembly.
Furthermore the election of six Executive Council members and the election of the President is scheduled. Members can also suggest items to be placed on the Agenda.
Employees of Full Members who wish to stand for election, either as an Executive Council member or as President, should fill out the appropriate form. These documents, completed and signed, should reach the FIAT/IFTA General Secretary by 26 October, 12.00 CET (midday). Nominations can be submitted in any of the following ways :
- Email nominations should be received via email@example.com by 26 October, 12.00 CET to be valid.
- Postal nominations must be received at the FIAT/IFTA Office – RTÉ Archives – Radió Telefís Éireann, Donnybrook, Dublin 4 – Ireland by 23 October 2020, to be valid.
The official announcement of the General Assembly can be read here. Nomination forms are available for download below:
- Nomination form to stand for election to the Executive Council
- Self-nomination form to stand for election to the Executive Council
- Nomination form to stand for election as President
- Self-nomination form to stand for election as President
Full Members who are absent from the General Assembly may hand over their right to vote to another Full Member (vote by proxy). Full members can only vote by proxy for one other Full Member at maximum. A form in which the right to vote by proxy is handed over to another Full Member can be downloaded here.
The FIAT/IFTA Election Rules are available here. However in case one or more elections are necessary, the General Assembly will be requested to agree with this proposal for temporary additions to the Election Rules, valid for the duration of the General Assembly 2020, in order to make a virtual form of the elections possible.