The FIAT/IFTA General Assembly will take place on 5 October 2022. The General Assembly is the highest governing body in the Federation. It is composed of Full, Associate, Supporting and Honorary members. All members are invited to join this meeting, although only Full Members can vote, with one vote per Full Member.
The Agenda of the General Assembly will include at least:
- the approval of the minutes of the previous session,
- a report by the Executive Council on the activities of the Association since the last session and its approval,
- an examination and approval of the accounts for the past financial year,
- a draft of the program of activities and budget for the following financial year,
- fixing of subscription dues,
- fixing the date and place of the next ordinary session of the General Assembly.
Furthermore, the election of 6 Executive Council members and the election of the President is scheduled. Members can also suggest items to be placed on the Agenda.
Employees of Full Members who wish to stand for election, either as an Executive Council member or as President, should fill out the appropriate form. These should reach the FIAT/IFTA General Secretary by 4 October, 11:30 SAST. You can submit nominations via the official form (going live later this month).
You can read the official announcement of the General Assembly here.
Full Members absent from the General Assembly may hand over their right to vote to another Full Member (vote by proxy). Full members can only vote by proxy for one other Full Member at maximum. A form in which the right to vote by proxy is handed over to another Full Member will be made available later in the month.
The FIAT/IFTA Election Rules are available here. All participants in Cape Town or attending via streaming will be voting via an online voting system. The election rules and further practical arrangements will be communicated in due course.