Some members of the MMC at the Lugano Media Management Seminar in 2017.
What do we do?
The Media Management Commission specialises in current and future trends in metadata and media management and in their causes and consequences when it comes to:
- The archive as an organisation
- The technologies used
- The skills of the archivists
Aspects of metadata and media management are, amongst others:
- Strategies for Media Asset Management in general, but focusing on metadata in particular (models, dictionaries, quality criteria …): administrative metadata, technical metadata, preservation metadata, rights metadata, descriptive metadata.
- Strategies for enabling search and retrieval: interfaces and presentation of search results
- Strategies for enhancement and contextualisation: linked data and semantics.
- Strategies for the flow of media and the creation of metadata: integrated workflows through the process of creation, delivery, use and re-use; automatic feature extraction and artificial intelligence technology such as speech and image recognition; tagging and other kinds of user generated metadata
- The impact of new delivery channels such as multi-media platforms and social media on the above.
How do we do it?
- Training, by organizing the bi-annual FIAT/IFTA Media Management Seminars for documentalists, media managers, management, technical archive staff.
- Contributing to the annual FIAT/IFTA World Conference.
- Building liaisons with other professional organisations such as SMPTE, EBU, UNESCO, IASA, AMIA, PrestoCentre.
- Consulting for FIAT/IFTA members and non-members.
- Publications: the proceedings of the FIAT/IFTA Media Management Seminars are made available for free on the FIAT/IFTA website.
|Vicky Plaine||BBC Scotland||Chair|
|Elena Brodie-Kusa||EBK Consultancy||Co-Chair|
|Eva-Lis Green||National Library of Sweden||Commission member|
|Kaisa Unander||National Library of Sweden||Commission member|
|Anna Abenius||SVT||Commission member|
|Emanuele Balossino||Mediaset||Commission member|
|Nobuhisa Yamashita||NHK||Commission member|
|Yasuhiko Iwasaki||NHK Enterprises||Commission member|
|Adrienne Warburton||RTÉ||Commission member|
|Gerhard Stanz||ORF||Commission member|
|Jennifer Wilson||BBC Scotland||Commission member|
|Tim Manders||Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision||Commission member|
|Sarah-Haye Aziz||RSI||Commission member|
|Anne Couteux||INA||Commission member|
|Hirokazu Arai||NHK||Commission member|
|Alessandra Luciano||Centre National de l’Audiovisuel||Commission member|
|Xavier Jacques-Jourion||CSA.be||Commission member|
|Renan Porto||Globosat||Commission member|