A curated list of the FIAT/IFTA World Conference 2022 sessions is now available on the Virtual Platform for onsite and virtual attendees. These recordings will be available until 17 November 2022.
A link to the Virtual Platform was included in the “Joining Letter” emailed to all Conference attendees with personalised login details. If you cannot find this email, please contact Kimera Ramlall from Confco (email@example.com).
There is a total of 25 sessions available on the Virtual Platform:
- Day 1 – Keynote: Tracing Political Communication Via the Radio Archive: The case of the ANC’s anti-apartheid Radio Freedom
- Day 1 – Session 1A: Through a glass darkly: How metadata can distort our view of the archive – and how we can correct it
- Day 1 – Session 2B: Digitization & Centralization Project Of Al-Jazeera Exclusive Content: Al Jazeera Bureaus Archival Content Digitization & Centralization Project
- Day 1 – Session 3A: Questions your AI can’t answer: The limitations of AI and data analysis
- Day 1 – Session 3C: Final Account, Third Reich testimonies: An archival and production project
- Day 1 – Session 4A: Case study: AI archive indexing: Assessing and selecting AI services – what happens next?
- Day 1 – Session 4C: The legacy we leave behind as archivists
- Day 1 – Session 5B: Who Says Archives are Boring? The National Archives of Singapore and Speaking the Language of Children
- Day 1 – Session 5C: FRAME Expert: Can audiovisual archiving be green?
- Day 2 – Keynote: Reflections on a 100 years of archiving: BBC Archives from 1922-2022
- Day 2 – Session 1A: Audiences, Algorithms and Archive: The challenges of curating the BBC’s Archive social channels
- Day 2 – Session 2C: Our challenges to preserve and to serve UHD contents in various formats
- Day 2 – Session 3A: Activating the Nuuseum: From a start-up to a sustainable archive and preservation platform
- Day 2 – Session 3C: Archive in the clouds
- Day 3 – Session 1C: Newzroom Afrika: Archives Media Management – Building a solution in support of a broadcast news platform of the future
- Day 3 – Session 3C: Traces of the perception of the female world in Italy in public television: cues for potential educational studies for gender equity
- Day 3 – Session 4A: A digital search tool for the VRT film collection: The film collection fully mapped and searchable to encourage valorization
- Day 3 – Session 4B: The “Unboxing Mayibuye Project”: Cooperation project to better preserve & enhance access to Mayibuye collections
- Day 3 – Session 4C: A Study on the current issues on establishing the audiovisual archiving policies: The activities of The Korean Association for Audiovisual Preservation (KAAP)
- Day 3 – Session 5A: Digitizing images from the first tests of HDTV in Europe: The 1992 Winter and Summer Olympic Games
- Day 3 – Session 5C: Political Ecologies and the Precarious Archive
- Day 3 – Session 8B: Towards community-driven digital cultural heritage with a purpose: In Focus: Audiovisual Archives
- Day 3 – Session 9A: Let’s play: Designing the preservation of interactive games
- Day 3 – Session 10C: Film newsreels and human rights: challenges associated with cataloguing, access and distribution
- Day 3 – Session 11: Digital Transformation in Broadcast Archives: Marrying theory and practice – the journey so far.