The Shortlist is out!
The Juries of the 2021 FIAT/IFTA Archive Achievement Awards are delighted to announce this year’s shortlist! So many wonderful archive-related initiatives from all over the world have been nominated for the 2021 FIAT/IFTA Awards. The jury from each of the four categories evaluated to the best of its knowledge and belief each nominated project individually in accordance with the criteria of each of the categories. The selection was tough. The FIAT/IFTA community can consider itself very lucky that so many AV archive projects promote the reuse of archive footage all around the globe on the highest level.
The Juries are now proud and honored to announce the shortlisted projects.
Please find the shortlisted projects for the “Excellence in Media Management” Award
- FactFox – A Reliable Fact-checking Tool and Database to Support Newsrooms and Social Media Managers. Maria Fuchs (Bayerischer Rundfunk)
- AI Algorithms for Media Cataloguing in ATRESMEDIA GROUP. Eugenio López de Quintana (ATRESMEDIA)
Please find the shortlisted projects for the “Excellence in Media Preservation” Award
- GMI XML creator. Martijn van der Vliet (Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision)
- Ostatni Etap. Lukasz Janik (National Film Archive – Audiovisual Institute)
Please find the shortlisted projects for the “Excellence in Unlocking the Value and Potential of Archives” Award
- SRF Timelines – the biography tool. Christian Vogg (Schweizer Radio und Fernsehen SRF)
- BBC Motion Graphics Archive. Mark Macey (BBC)
- Make Film History (BBC). Mark Macey (BBC)
Please find the shortlisted projects for the “Excellence in Archival Production” Award
- 60 Years Sport Weekend. Sammy Neyrinck (VRT)
- Coventry Cathedral: Building for a New Britain. Mark Macey (BBC)
- The Great World Theatre – Salzburg and its Festival. Beate Thalberg (ORF)
Sincerest congratulations to all shortlisted nominees!
Best of luck to you all! The winner of each FIAT/IFTA Award will be revealed in the FIAT/IFTA Awards Show which will be held online on October 20th 2021. Save the date!