The Archive’s Renaissance: Navigating the Future, Channelling the Past. That’s the theme of the 42nd FIAT/IFTA World Conference, taking place in the magnificent city of Venice and hosted by RAI – Radiotelevisione italiana on October 9-12.
The Call for Papers was closed on April 27th and an overwhelming number of papers has reached us. As a result, it will take us a little longer to read, evaluate and assess them all. Candidates will therefore not receive a reply by mid May as originally planned, but we expect to have feedback by the first week in June, before registration opens.
All those who have submitted a paper should have received an acknowledgment of the good reception of their paper. If this is not the case, don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com.
The main subjects of the conference will be situated around:
- Leveraging the powers hidden within your treasure
- In the archive’s control tower: current trends and topics in media management
- Analog and digital preservation
- Copyright: technology as an opportunity between producers and re-users
- New trends and techniques in archives research
Presentations will be based on user experiences, new initiatives or perspectives, striking conclusions, successes but also failures. The main objective is to share knowledge and results with FIAT/IFTA members in order to understand the lessons learned and new challenges or solutions arising.