Open call for a special issue on “Digital Philology for Multimedia Cultural Heritage” to appear on the International Journal of New Music Research (deadline October 2017).
The volume will be divided in two sections:
- Section 1 – Theoretical papers presenting the open problems related to “digital philology” (authenticity, accuracy, reliability and trustworthiness of digital objects), focusing on the preservation and restoration of musical and multimedia works.
- Section 2 – Reports, experiences, contributions, and reflections from the main sound archives that currently are engaged in preservation projects or have considered the issue of digital philology.
As the subject is cross-disciplinary par excellence, the papers may represent a variety of theoretical perspectives and different methodological approaches. We encourage submissions examining all areas of active and passive preservation and restoration of audio/multimedia documents, in particular:
- Digital philology: new concepts, methods and tools;
- Preservation of audio documents: principles, guidelines, approaches, reflections;
- Preservation of multimedia documents: challenges and possibilities;
- Preservation of interactive (art)works;
- Audio signal restoration;
- Digital representation of human-machine interaction;
- Computational paradigms for audio archives;
- Music information retrieval;
- Metadata in audio/multimedia archives;
- Copyright and privacy issues in preservation and distribution;
- Studio reports from the main audio/multimedia archives involved in original preservation projects.
The papers must be submitted following the guidelines detailed in: http://www.tandfonline.com/action/authorSubmission?show=instructions&journalCode=nnmr20
Authors are encouraged to submit animations, movie files, sound files or any additional information for online publication:
– Paper submission: 1 October 2017
– Author notification: January 2018
– Final copy: May 2018
– Publication: September 2018
For more information go to explore.tandfonline.com/cfp/ah/nnmr-cfp-digital-philology-1q2017 or download the PDF
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
The special issue follows two memorable editions of the International Workshop on Digital Philology for the Preservation of Multimedia Archives:
– web: http://csc.dei.unipd.it/ippsa/2015/
– photo: https://www.facebook.com/pg/CSC-Sound-and-Music-Computing-Group-1564931557116708/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1666614540281742
– video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOuwPrg1PIk