Part of the 2018 World Conference in Venice will be the biennial General Assembly, scheduled this year on October 10th, 11.30 in the Salone del Tiepolo in Palazzo Labia, the main conference venue. The General Assembly is the highest governing body in the Federation. It is composed of Full, Associate, Supporting and Honorary members. All members (Full, Associate, Supporting and Honorary) are invited to join this meeting although only Full Members can vote, with one vote per Full Member.
The Agenda of the General Assembly will include the approval of the Minutes of the previous session; a report by the Council on the activities of the Association since the last session and its approval; an examination and approval of the accounts for the past financial year; a draft of the program of activities and budget for the following financial year; a fixing of subscription dues and fixing the date and place of the next ordinary session of the General Assembly. Furthermore the election of six Executive Council members and the election of the President is scheduled. Members can also suggest items to be placed on the Agenda.
Employees of Full Members who wish to stand for election, either as an Executive Council member or as President, should fill out the appropriate form. These documents, completed and signed, should reach the FIAT/IFTA General Secretary a minimum 24 hours prior to the General Assembly. Nominations can be submitted in any of the following ways :
- Email nominations should be received via GeneralSecretary@fiatifta.org by October 9th 2018, 11.30 CEST to be valid.
- Postal nominations must be received at the Office of the General Secretary, ℅ RTÉ Archives, Radió Telefís Éireann, Donnybrook, Dublin 4 – Ireland by October 3rd 2018, to be valid.
- During the Conference you can deliver your nomination form to the General Secretary or to a staff member at the Conference Registration Desk at Palazzo Labia, Campo San Geremia, Venezia, up to 11.30 CEST on October 9th, 2018.
The official announcement of the General Assembly can be read here:
Nomination forms are available for download below:
- Nomination form to stand for election to the Executive Council
- Self-nomination form to stand for election to the Executive Council
- Nomination form to stand for election as President
- Self-nomination form to stand for election as President
Full Members who are absent from the General Assembly may hand over their right to vote to another Full Member (vote by proxy). Full members can only vote by proxy for one other Full Member. A form in which the right to vote by proxy is handed over to another Full Member can be downloaded below:
The FIAT/IFTA Election Rules can be read here: