The Archive’s Renaissance: Navigating the Future, Channelling the Past. That's the theme of the 42nd FIAT/IFTA World Conference, taking place in the magnificent city of Venice and hosted by RAI – Radiotelevisione italiana on October 9-12. For the conference we welcome proposals for presentations based on user experiences, new initiatives or perspectives, striking conclusions, successes but also failures. The main objective is to share knowledge and results with FIAT/IFTA members in order to understand the lessons learned and new challenges or solutions arising.
This year's World Conference focuses on the following domains:
- Leveraging the powers hidden within your treasure
- In the archive’s control tower: current trends and topics in media management
- Analog and digital preservation
- Copyright: technology as an opportunity between producers and re-users
- New trends and techniques in archives research
The deadline to submit your proposals is now extended until April 27th. We look forward to your proposals!
More information is available here.