BAAC Conference 2017: Second life of heritage collections – management and use of audiovisual content
The BAAC annual conference will be held from October 11th to 13th 2017 in Warsaw, Poland. The conference will be hosted by Polish National Film Archive – Audiovisual Institute.
Sharing experience about using archival materials and setting projects based on historical archives is the main theme of this conference. Explore and share experiences of variety of projects and challenges they presented. We wish to learn about and discuss reusing, reconstruction, dissemination, online projects, IPR issues, film productions, artistic inspiration etc. Let the variety of ideas, examples and experiences show our full potential in audiovisual archiving.
- The following topics are offered as starting points
- Reusing archives in historical, feature and documentary films.
- Reconstruction of historical film and sound materials.
- Online projects giving second life to heritage collections.
- Artistic inspirations from historical audiovisual materials.
- Unique collections, interesting topics, various formats of audiovisual content.
- Digitization and digital reconstruction strategies.
- IPR issues.
- Educational values of historical archives.
The conference language will be English.
BAAC invites presentation proposals for the 2017 conference in Warsaw. The closing date for submissions is 16th June 2017. All proposals must be accompanied by a brief abstract (max. 250 words) and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information at: http://www.baacouncil.org/1456-call-for-papers-2017.
On behalf of the organising committee,